Genie & John

Genie & John

Tuesday, November 4, 2014

Chemo eve

Well, yes I go to college, on line, but this morning it is lucky that I am still going.  You see, today my father is starting chemo and radiation for esophagus cancer.  Chemo every week and radiation every day. (which ends about when the semester ends)  He will need to be driven to appointments and I get to drive him to about 60-70% of his appointments.  I say get to because I think it is a privilege.  But yesterday, the eve of it all, it was too much.  I lost it.  I was crying, sitting at my desk doing homework.  I called my husband, crying.  I texed my friend who is high up there somewhere in the ladder of BYU-I on-line and said that I was going to quit school.  His response was, "that's dumb".  He came over and was basically my cheerleader and told me how dumb it was for an A student to quit.  Showed me there was a calculator that could figure out my grade if I didn't turn in assignments called a "what-if" calculator.  (who knew?!)
And then there is my sweet husband who told me the things I needed to hear.  Who hugged me and listened to me and who continues to support me.
So yesterday on the eve of my dad's chemo and radiation start date, I didn't make dinner, I didn't clean the house, I didn't get very much homework done but I didn't quit college either!

No comments:

Post a Comment